geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build problem?
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:24:37 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I finally got trunk to build for me....
> there were a few more tomcat6 refeences that I think were confusing
> feilix and preventing it from figuring out which tomcat bundle to wire
> to.
>
> Mark Thomas has fixed the jspc issue in tomcat trunk so I'll out
> regenerating external/trunk/tomcat-parent-7.0.0.
>
> I'd be curious if anyone else can build trunk successfully.
I'm able to get things to build until I get to jetty, then I'm stuck.
What version of jetty should we be using and where do we get it?  I've
tried building it myself from

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.jetty/jetty/branches/jetty-8

But I get compilation errors in jetty-continuation because of a serlet
3.0 api mismatch.  If I switch to using the Geronimo spec version, I get
a different error.  The jetty trunk version appears to build 7.0.2
artifacts, not jetty-8, so I think this is the correct branch.  This is
using a servlet 3.0 spec pulled from org.mortbay.jetty, but I haven't
located the source for this package yet to try to build the latest
version of that locally either.

Rick