geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [PASSED] Re: [VOTE] geronimo 2.2 release (2nd try)
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 04:29:26 GMT

You can compare it to the 2.1.4 files located here for reference:
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/2.1.4/

I took a quick look.  Things looked fairly similar to what we included
in previous releases.  Missing from your setup were the LICENSE, NOTICE,
and RELEASE_NOTES.  I'm not sure how critical the LICENSE & NOTICE are
... but it doesn't hurt to include them.  I think the RELEASE_NOTES are
important because they are typically included in a reference from the
download page.  I know I sound like a broken record here but I think
this is really important with 2.2 because the RELEASE_NOTES are not
included in the assembly images.  I would personally recommend to
include the README in this location as well with a link from the
download page for similar reasons with 2.2.

I thought I had a script I used for previous release but I can't find it
at the moment.

One more thing - At one time there were storage issues on the dist
server and so we were asked to keep just the most important releases at
that location and update all other references on the download pages to
the archive.  Now that 2.2 is being added we should consider removing
2.1.3 leaving only 2.2 and 2.1.4.

Joe