geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] geronimo 2.2 release (2nd try)
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 14:36:36 GMT

Thanks for pulling this together David!

Here are some things that I've noticed thus far (not necessarily show
stoppers) ...

RAT results:
These files without Apache headers:
./plugins/concurrent/geronimo-concurrent-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/concurrent/harmony/FutureTask.java
./plugins/concurrent/geronimo-concurrent-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/concurrent/harmony/RejectedExecutionHandler.java
./plugins/concurrent/geronimo-concurrent-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/concurrent/harmony/ThreadPoolExecutor.java
./plugins/console/console-base-portlets/src/main/i18n-resources/jms-resource-providers.properties

README & RELEASE NOTES are not included in the assembly images - just in
the source.  I think these should also be in the assemblies and this is
what we have done in the past.

RELEASE NOTES in the source is not updated with the appropriate version
  in the name or internal content: RELEASE_NOTES-2.2-SNAPSHOT.txt and
@version@ internally (this would not be a problem if we had it included
in the binaries with the version # resolved).

It is not clear to me the purpose of the new assembly -
geronimo-plugin-farm-node-2.2.  Is this discussed someplace and will it
be made available as an individual download on from our download page?

Image sizes:
Our images continue to grow with each new release.  Comparing 2.2 to
2.1.4 I noticed that the minimal assemblies increased in size in the
neighborhood of 11% and the Java EE assemblies increased more than 20%.
   The Tomcat Java EE image is now around 95MB.  This is just an
observation - I wonder at which point the images get so large that we
need to consider doing some trimming.

I'm still looking ... will post if I see anything else.

Joe