geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Use tomcat trunk in some way?
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 16:51:56 GMT

On Dec 2, 2009, at 1:57 AM, Ivan wrote:

> I am thinking whether there is maven plugin would help us to
> repackge the tomcat jar file to include our changes, so that we do
> not need to maintain the whole Tomcat source codes, maybe just need
> to keep a few files.

AFAIK tomcat is not pushing trunk snapshots into any maven repo, so I
think we'd have to build tomcat ourselves anyway.  Given that, I think
that the easiest way is to use the process for constructing a
mavenized build.  I'm hoping we won't actually need to modify any
files, at least not for long :-).  The first set of changes we needed
that led me to set up the mavenized build have been in tomcat trunk
for years.

thanks
david jencks