geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About deploying web applications to Tomcat 7.0
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:33:35 GMT
After updating some deplyment codes, currently, I could deploy a simple web
application to geronimo-tomcat server. As discussed in the past, a packed
car file will installed in the repository folder finally, not an exploded
one. Currently, a temp folder is created for each DeploymentContext, and the
application files would be extracted there for analysis, then it will be
packed as a single jar file. However, there are still some detailed things
need to be discussed, e.g. for the efficiency consideration, I write the
plugin meta data eariler, in the DeploymentContext.getConfigurationData,
while it was in the RepositoryConfigurationStore.install in the past, as I
found that it is not easy to modify an existed jar file.
Anyway, at least, it means that it is feasible to keep a packed file in the
repository.
Later, I will try to deploy an EAR package contains more than one WARs.  I
will try the solution about dividing the ear as multiple bundles, the ear
itself is one, all the modules it contains are the others, and it is
possible to use require-bundle to connect the module bundle to the ear
bundle. One thing I am thinking is that how to generate the exports for the
ear bundle, maybe the deployer might need use something like asm to scan all
the library files.
Any comment ?

--
Ivan