geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create a geronimo-utils module to host those util methods
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 01:52:10 GMT
I did not count them preciously, just list that I found now, and I am sure
there shoud be more.
a. o.a.g.kernel.confg.IOUtils
b. org.apache.geronimo.deployment.util.DeploymentUtil
c. org.apache.geronimo.common.FileUtils
d. some stream operations in PluginInstallerGBean.copy,
CopyResourceContext.addFile, and etc.

I understand the  concern for a module with only 5 or 10 util classes. In
the beginning, I wish to put them in the geronimo-common module, but it has
a dependency on geronimo-kernel, which I did not like  :-)
Actually, I even have an idea that, once all the utils are centralized, we
could did some optimization for file copying or something else.

,

--
Ivan