geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Create a geronimo-utils module to host those util methods
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:32:54 GMT
Hi,
   Some util methods ( such as copy, close stream quietly, and etc) are
widely used in the Geronimo, the question is that most codes host their own
implementations, some use a private method, some may create a util class in
its own package, others may use third-party components, for example
commons-io.
   Since Geronimo 3.0 is under heavy development now. Shall we take this
chance to clean up those duplicate codes ? How about creating a
geronimo-utils module in the framework, the possible classes are FileUtils,
IOUtils, and etc. About the implmentation, we could just delegate some
methods to the third-party libraries if possible, for others, we might
implment them ourselves.
   Any comment ?

--
Ivan