geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move dependencyManagment segment in framework/pom.xml to the root pom.xml
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 06:03:05 GMT
Thanks for the clarification for the two solutions, David.
But I do not think that it is better to move all the dependencies out from
the root pom.xml file. It makes sense that define them in the plugin's pom
file for Tomcat or Jetty. But for those tool packages, like xmlbeans,
xmlresovle, etc, I still think it is better to put them in the root pom
file. For example, it will make it strange to import pluginA just for using
a xmlbean package, although it would not a problem from technical side.
Any comments ?

--
Ivan