geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use tomcat trunk in some way?
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:59:44 GMT
I am trying another way to package and deploy Tomcat 7 artifacts, since it
is just a temporary solution, I think we just need to create a "wrap" pom
file, which means no source codes are copied. In this way, we could just use
scm plugin to update the source codes, and no need to merge codes by
ourselves.
e.g.
<plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <includes>
                        <include name="org/apache/catalina/**" />
                        <include name="org/apache/naming/**" />
                    </includes>
                    <excludes>
                        <exclude name="org/apache/catalina/ant/**" />
                        <exclude name="org/apache/catalina/ha/**" />
                        <exclude
name="org/apache/catalina/mbeans/JmxRemote*" />
                        <exclude name="org/apache/catalina/tribes/**" />
                        <exclude name="org/apache/catalina/launcher/**" />
                        <exclude name="org/apache/catalina/storeconfig/**"
/>
                        <exclude
name="org/apache/naming/factory/webservices/**" />

<exclude>org/apache/naming/factory/webservices/**</exclude>

                    </excludes>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Another question is that I found that the way we divided the Tomcat codes
are not the same with its original way.
Tomcat has an artifact named coyote, while we didn't.
Is there any story about it ?  If no special reason, I would like keep the
same with Tomcat's.
Thanks !

--
Ivan