geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java EE 6 - Web Profile Road map / Status of MyFaces / JSF 2.0
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 09:41:40 GMT
Hi,
    Acutally, I have asked it in the MyFaces dev list. For Geronimo 3.0 is
running in the OSGI runtime, which means each jar file should be a bundle
first. And currently, the servlet API is updated to version 3.0.0, while in
the manifest of MyFaces 2.0, it has a constraint like :
javax.servlet;version="[2.5.0, 3.0.0)", so the MyFaces bundles would fail to
start.

2009/12/4 Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org>

> Hey Ivan,
>
> can you follow up on the dev@myfaces list on that ?
>
> thanks!
> Matthias
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am afraid that MyFaces 2.0 may not work in the Geronimo 3.0 now, for
> > currently it does not accept Servlet 3.0 API, it seems that I could not
> > start the MyFaces bundle in the OSGI environment. :-(
> >
> > 2009/12/3 Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org>
> >>
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> on the road map for the Web Profile stuff [1], I saw an (kinda)
> >> incorrect status of the MyFaces 2.0 stuff for JSF 2.0
> >> (Status of JEE6 Activity).
> >>
> >> Apache MyFaces is activly working on a release. As a matter of fact,
> >> there is a first alpha (TCK not passed) release out,
> >> see [2] for the download details.
> >>
> >> HTH,
> >> Matthias
> >>
> >> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/road-map-for-jee6-web-profile.html