geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject How to define those bundlized dependencies which would be published by Geronimo
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 04:53:06 GMT
Hi,
    In the plugin enabling work, we always need to exclude those non-bundle
depdencies, and add the bundlized ones somewhere.
    But for those bundlized 3rd componenets which would publish by Geronimo
in the folder framework/bundles, I think we may have two ways, take
org.apache.geronimo.bundles/woden-impl-dom as an example, currently, the
dependency setting in the pom file is like :
   <dependency>
            <groupId>${pkgGroupId}</groupId>
            <artifactId>${pkgArtifactId}</artifactId>
            <version>${pkgVersion}</version>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.apache.ant</groupId>
                    <artifactId>ant</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>xerces</groupId>
                    <artifactId>xercesImpl</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>xerces</groupId>
                    <artifactId>xmlParserAPIs</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>wsdl</groupId>
                    <artifactId>wsdl</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>

  All the non-bundlized components are excluded, so when using this bundle,
we may also need to add the bundlized wsdl there.
  While it seems that we could also add the bundlized wsdl in the pom file
of org.apache.geronimo.bundles/woden-impl-dom. It may be like :

  <dependencies>
[...]
            <groupId>org.apache.servicemix.bundles</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.servicemix.bundles.wsdl4j</artifactId>
            <version>1.6.2_2</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

   Then, when we use it, we may not need to add bundlized wsdl there, I
think car-maven-plugin could find it. I am thinking that we might need a
uniform way to do it, any comment ?

--
Ivan