geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove those specs and impl which are shipped by JRE 1.6
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 15:56:19 GMT
On Thu December 3 2009 10:51:18 am Jarek Gawor wrote:
> Actually, Java EE 6 dictates which version of the specs we will need
> to support. For example, Java EE 6 requires JAX-WS 2.2 and JAXB 2.2
> but Sun JDK 6 ships with JAX-WS 2.1 and JAXB 2.1 at this point. And it
> used to be that Sun JDK 6 (_03 and less) shipped with JAX-WS 2.0 and
> JAXB 2.0. So we can't really rely on the JVM to provide the right set
> of APIs and instead we need to go with what EE spec requires.

All of which, BTW, is going to be a huge pain to get setup correctly due to
the newer versions that JEE needs having to be endorsed.   This is tricky to
do in maven right now.   I started a conversation last month about it:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/200911.mbox/<200911091655.17311.dkulp@apache.org>

but haven't had any time to start working on the maven side of things.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org