geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jay McHugh <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fun with ears and osgi
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 16:40:26 GMT
Hello all,

This gets into a question that I have had about the OSGi-ification
goal of the server.

That is, how much are we trying to keep the internal architecture of
Geronimo hidden?  Are we looking to have a server that is able to
install any old Java EE apps and resources (that just happens to be
OSGi on the inside)?  Or, are we trying to build a server environment
where everyone 'knows' that it is OSGi and (if possible) builds their
applications taking that into account?

It seems like the direction we are going is the latter.

Am I seeing things correctly?

Jay