geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Schulze <peter.schu...@salt-mobile.com>
Subject Problem with SSL connection
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:30:57 GMT
Hi,
I got a rather simple problem, I think, but I don't know HOW to solve it in
geronimo 2.1.4.
We develop a platform solution with two Servermachines. Server 1 hosts a
Webapplication. Server 2 provides some Webservices which are used from different
applications. I am the rather unlucky developer who has to write the
web-application for Server 1. My Problem is as follows:

Server 2 has been reconfiguered to use SSL. When I now call the Webservice I get
the folowing Exception:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
PKIX path building
failed:sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target

ok, no Problem, I have to tell the application, where to get the certificate
from. So I go to the geronimo console and generate a new Keystore, „myKeystore“.
I add the certificates I need for my application and then... I don't know how
exactly I can tell my application to access the keystore and use the configured
certificates.

As far as I can figure it out, I'd like to put this into the geronimo-web.xml of
my web-application, but I haven't understood the geronimo good enough to be sure
about this call.

Thank you for your efforts.

Peter Schulze