No matter what technology we might  choose to implement console.  #1,2,3 metioned by Jeff are doable without large effort, and could bring a considerable improvement on the usability of current console. I even think we can get these done in G2.2.X but not only for G3.0.

I suggest to open a JIRA to track the console usability issue while keeping the console tech choosing discussion onoging.

Comments ?