On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Shawn Jiang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Now we are using karaf as OSGI runtime. Karaf has its own shell which is based on RFC 139 command service. Karaf shell uses blueprint and a set of util abstract classes
typo, it should be Standard command line interface "RFC 147" instead of RFC 139 here.
to provide a easy to use program model for new commands.
Geronimo 2.x has its own shell which
- bases on gshell
- uses groovy to define commands.(I don't kown why but I don't like this)
- uses classworld to bootstrap itself
- uses a serverProxy to provide geronimo server startup/stop commands.
- uses JMX to invoke jsr88 implementation to provide applications deploy/undeploy/distribution commands.
- uses JMX to get plugin installer GBean instance to provide plugin install and customized assemblely commands.
I found that all the gshell bootstrap files in geronimo_home/etc has been removed in geronimo 3.0 framework. Is there any plan to migrate existing geronimo shell commands from gshell to karaf shell in geronimo 3.0 ?