Thanks, Rick, I got this issue too while trying to remove the classloader plugins :-)
I guess that only those *-builder will need to import those xmlbeans gernated classes, shall we use a tool to scan and generate the whole package list, then add them to those pom files.
I remembered that long ago, there is a discussion about removing xmlbeans from Geronimo, and use jaxb to parse and generate the plan file, Maybe we could do it in 3.0.