geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any plan to migrate existing geronimo shell commands from gshell to karaf shell in geronimo 3.0 ?
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 03:40:34 GMT
Currently, here are different opinions on how G3.0 shell should go:

*1*, Remove gshell completely, migrate all existing commands to karaf
console.
      *Pros*:  Minimize the server size.  Bring a clean, easy to use command
program model.
      *Cons*: Break users existing shell.

*2*, Keep gshell as it was, add a gshell-karaf bridge to call karaf commands
in gshell.
      *Pros*:  Enlarge the server size. Bring a more complex command
infrastructure.
      *Cons*: Without breaking users existing shell.

Does anyone have another thoughts on this ?  Maybe we need a vote for this
someday.

--
Shawn