geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there any plan to migrate existing geronimo shell commands from gshell to karaf shell in geronimo 3.0 ?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 03:40:15 GMT
Now we are using karaf as OSGI runtime. Karaf has its own shell which is
based on RFC 139 command service.  Karaf shell uses blueprint and a set of
util abstract classes to provide a easy to use program model  for new
commands.

Geronimo 2.x has its own shell which

   - bases on gshell
   - uses groovy to define commands.(I don't kown why but I don't like this)
   - uses classworld to bootstrap itself
   - uses a serverProxy to provide geronimo server startup/stop commands.
   - uses JMX to invoke jsr88 implementation to provide applications
   deploy/undeploy/distribution commands.
   - uses JMX to get plugin installer GBean instance to provide plugin
   install and customized assemblely commands.

I found that all the gshell bootstrap files in geronimo_home/etc has been
removed in geronimo 3.0 framework.   Is there any plan  to migrate existing
geronimo shell commands from gshell to karaf shell in geronimo 3.0 ?

--
Shawn