geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ee apps in trunk
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:36:47 GMT

On Nov 23, 2009, at 12:12 AM, Delos wrote:

> My two cents:
>
> Seems EAR is a complicated case.I think "Fragment Bundle" in OSGI
> may help. A fragment don't have its own classloader except that of
> host bundle.If so, EAR may be a host bundle, while ejb jars and WARs
> are all fragments.

I'm not sure how that would help.  We have no problem constructing a
single bundle with everything from the ear inside it  -- we already
unpack ears to this format, we'd just need to add more entries to the
bundle classpath for the wars.  The problem is how to have several
bundles each with its own classloader for the individual wars.  I
suspect we'll have to just set up more than one bundle from such an ear.

thanks
david jencks