geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Cai <greensi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re-categorize the items in navigation pane for G2.2
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:07:17 GMT
1. JMS Resources and Database Pools stay under Resources group. IIUC,
> developers can use @Resource annotation to inject these objects during
> runtime. And that's the major reason they shall be in Resources group.

Agreed.

> 2. Server logs and Derby logs might be placed in another group called
> Troubleshooting? or put them together with Monitoring, other viewers and
> name as Troubleshooting?

Troubleshooting might not be an adequate label to include monitoring. Maybe
we just call it "Monitoring and Troubleshooting", or just split them into
two categories.

> Donald is making a good point here.  And we do need to consider the risk of
> this change. Here are my thoughts for your consideration.

Since most people are focusing on G3.0, maybe we should just let G2.2 go.
It'll be good that we push G2.2 out as soon as possible.

-Jack