geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Fei LI" <>
Subject RE: Toplink plugin for geronimo
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:22:44 GMT
Thanks Keven,
Let me do some home learning on these 2 topic first.

From: Kevan Miller []
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: Toplink plugin for geronimo

On Nov 15, 2009, at 10:08 AM, Fei LI wrote:

	Hi Kevan,
	This is a very good subject. I am an experienced Java/J2EE
application developer but only have the experience how to use a Web
server, never develop a Web server.

Understood. Implementing an EE server is certainly different. However,
"user" experience can be very valuable in helping us to develop a more
usable EE server.

	I can try. But I do not know how it can work out. So many things
new to learn. If you can find a supervisor for me, it would be awesome.
He give me a direction and I implement his idea. We can work together.
It will be much fast than I act alone. How do you think?

Donald Woods is working on developing a plugin for OpenJPA 2.0. See

Geronimo currently uses OpenJPA 1.2.1 for EE 5 compliance. However,
OpenJPA is working on their JPA 2.0 support for EE6. This plugin would
enable JPA 2.0 support in a Geronimo server. So, it would be a good
guide to identify what would need to be done to create an EclipseLink
plugin. Have a look and feel free to ask questions.

	Another topic I am very interested is concurrency programming. I
made commercial one 8 years ago and people still use it, but I know it
was not good one after I read the book "Java Concurrency in practice".
Now I believe I can do much, much better on this topic.

Cool. There's been Concurrency EE specs (Timer and Work Manager)
floating around for a while. I don't recall the JSR numbers offhand. The
spec(s) didn't make it into EE6. IIRC, the two specs may have been
collapsed into 1 spec.

Jarek, had done some implementation work on a draft version of the spec.
You'll find the current implementation here --

View raw message