geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Fei LI" <>
Subject RE: help
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 15:44:38 GMT

From: Donald Woods []
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 1:05 PM
Cc: Fei LI
Subject: Re: help

For the 2.2 based projects -
Maven 2.0.10
Java 5 (latest 1.5.0 from Sun or IBM)

First, build the server without tests -
1) svn co
Note: for Windows, extract to a drive root to minimize the path length
used, like C:\g22
2) cd g22
3) mvn clean install -DfailIfNoTests=false -Dtest=

Next, build GEP 2.2.0 (but not the testsuite) -
1) svn co
2) cd gep-trunk
3) mvn clean install

If all went well, then you can try running the testsuite -
1) cd testsuite
2) mvn clean install

Fei LI wrote:
> Hi Kevan,
> I am so glad to have your answer. Yes, I sent to everyone because I do

> not know if my email reached anybody. I always get my own email back.
> I do not know what that means. Blocked? Bumped? Accepted but nobody
> After you fix it, can you simply give me what procedure to follow? I
> need a success build without error.
> 1. which Maven version to try.
> 2. which SVN path to retrieve source code.
> 3. which Maven commend to use: "mvn clean install -Ptestsuite"
> Thanks
> Fei Li
> Donald Woods responded to your first question as follows:
> On Nov 3, 2009, at 8:05 PM, Donald Woods wrote:
>> Before building the Eclipse Plugins (GEP 2.2.0) you'll need to build
>> a Geronimo 2.2-SNAPSHOT server locally (from geronimo/brnaches/2.2),
>> as the artifacts out on the SNAPSHOT repo are really old.  I've
>> started a build to publish the latest 2.2-SNAPSHOT artifacts out, to
>> get one last one out there before we have a 2.2 RC to start testing,
>> but it'll take several hours for the publish to finish.  The best
>> bet, is to always build the latest server code before trying to build
> I haven't tried to build devtools, recently. Will give it a try...
> --kevan

View raw message