geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Fei LI" <...@mdacorporation.com>
Subject RE: Toplink plugin for geronimo
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:08:52 GMT
Hi Kevan,

This is a very good subject. I am an experienced Java/J2EE application developer but only
have the experience how to use a Web server, never develop a Web server.

I can try. But I do not know how it can work out. So many things new to learn. If you can
find a supervisor for me, it would be awesome. He give me a direction and I implement his
idea. We can work together. It will be much fast than I act alone. How do you think?

Another topic I am very interested is concurrency programming. I made commercial one 8 years
ago and people still use it, but I know it was not good one after I read the book "Java Concurrency
in practice". Now I believe I can do much, much better on this topic.

Thanks

Fei Li

________________________________

From: Kevan Miller [mailto:kevan.miller@gmail.com]
Sent: Sat 14/11/2009 7:59 AM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Toplink plugin for geronimo

On Nov 13, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Fei LI wrote:

	Yes, I vote for it strongly. But if IBM takes an anti-Oracle position, then I do not know.

That's not how it works in an Apache community. If users are interested in the capability
and someone in the community is interested in developing (and supporting) it, barring architectural/technical/legal
objections, it will happen. A plugin, on it's own, would not generate much in the way of architectural/technical
objections... If the plugin was driving a lot of changes in other parts of the server, then
there might be some objections. But, I doubt that would happen... So, assuming there aren't
legal/licensing issues, there's nothing preventing this...

Perhaps you're interested in helping to develop it? ;-)

--kevan