geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Fei LI" <...@mdacorporation.com>
Subject RE: Could not build Geronimo server from SVN branch 2.2
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 04:24:57 GMT
Hi,

My build of Geronimo server branch 2.2 is successful. Great.

Thanks a lot to

Keven, Donald, Joe, Jeff and Forrest
<https://webmail.mda.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo.html>

This is a big system and I need some time to learn it.

________________________________

From: Kevan Miller [mailto:kevan.miller@gmail.com]
Sent: Wed 11/11/2009 7:35 AM
To: Geronimo Dev
Subject: Re: Could not build Geronimo server from SVN branch 2.2

Forwarding to dev list thread, also...

--kevan

On Nov 11, 2009, at 10:33 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

	On Nov 10, 2009, at 11:00 PM, Fei LI wrote:

		Hi,

		I am exhausted and decide to give up.

		If you really want to help me out, please remove your local repo completely, build from
the ground and tell me how many problems you find. Not 1, not 2, not 3 even not 4, many, as
far as I can tell you.

		Anyway, I will monitor the trunk to see if someday I can compile it. The trunk is where
I should start.

	Hi Fei Li,
	There are multiple threads on multiple mailing lists for this same problem.

	There was a general problem that seems to be a combination of an issue with configuration
changes to the maven repository at maven2-repository.dev.java.net <http://maven2-repository.dev.java.net/>
 and potentially a bug in the maven dependency report plugin. See http://old.nabble.com/Stuck%2C-cannot-build%2C-repository-down---td24941611.html
for additional information.

	To fix your issue: