geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Toplink plugin for geronimo
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:59:41 GMT

On Nov 13, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Fei LI wrote:

> Yes, I vote for it strongly. But if IBM takes an anti-Oracle position, then I do not
know.

That's not how it works in an Apache community. If users are interested in the capability
and someone in the community is interested in developing (and supporting) it, barring architectural/technical/legal
objections, it will happen. A plugin, on it's own, would not generate much in the way of architectural/technical
objections... If the plugin was driving a lot of changes in other parts of the server, then
there might be some objections. But, I doubt that would happen... So, assuming there aren't
legal/licensing issues, there's nothing preventing this...

Perhaps you're interested in helping to develop it? ;-)

--kevan