geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: failed to compile jasper-deployer.
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:06:22 GMT
Rick McGuire wrote:
> Ivan wrote:
>> >From the error message, it is caused by org.apache.felix.prefs
>> bundle is not started successfully, adding a -X option may help to
>> check what happened while starting the dependent bundle.
>>
>> 2009/11/18 Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com
>> <mailto:forrestxm@gmail.com>>
>>
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     When I try to build trunk, I encounter a problem when coming to
>>     plugins/jasper/jasper-deployer like this:
>>
>>     [org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.DependencyManager] :
>>     Could not start bundle:
>>     org.apache.geronimo.modules.geronimo-jasper [86]
>>     org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in
>>     bundle org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jdt-core [94]: package;
>>     (package=org.osgi.service.prefs)
>>         at
>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3263)
>>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1597)
>>         at
>>     org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:915)
>>
>>     Then I checked the started bundles stack and found no preference
>>     service bundle installed, which is required by jdt-core.
>>
>>     I add some dependency like this to the pom.xml, but it's not work.
>>
> I'm not sure why the dependency isn't working, but it's possible that
> the Felix implementation jar is not exporting the api.
>
> However, I just checked my build, and I had to make a local
> modification to that bundle to make the import of that package
> optional.  I'll see if I can't get that change made in the official
> version.
It looks like David Jencks is ahead of me on this.  Apply the patch
attached to this Jira to get this working:

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-412?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

And now that I'm reminded of this...I believe I sent the patch to David
in the first place :-)

Rick