geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: failed to compile jasper-deployer.
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:38:14 GMT
Ivan wrote:
> >From the error message, it is caused by org.apache.felix.prefs bundle
> is not started successfully, adding a -X option may help to check what
> happened while starting the dependent bundle.
>
> 2009/11/18 Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com <mailto:forrestxm@gmail.com>>
>
>     Hi,
>
>     When I try to build trunk, I encounter a problem when coming to
>     plugins/jasper/jasper-deployer like this:
>
>     [org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.DependencyManager] :
>     Could not start bundle:
>     org.apache.geronimo.modules.geronimo-jasper [86]
>     org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in
>     bundle org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jdt-core [94]: package;
>     (package=org.osgi.service.prefs)
>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3263)
>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1597)
>         at
>     org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:915)
>
>     Then I checked the started bundles stack and found no preference
>     service bundle installed, which is required by jdt-core.
>
>     I add some dependency like this to the pom.xml, but it's not work.

I'm not sure why the dependency isn't working, but it's possible that
the Felix implementation jar is not exporting the api.

However, I just checked my build, and I had to make a local modification
to that bundle to make the import of that package optional.  I'll see if
I can't get that change made in the official version.

Rick