geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Question about the "Create Plugin" portlet
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:29:39 GMT

We do something similar to this with the "expert mode" in the various
application views where we disable actions like stop, restart, and
uninstall on system modules unless the user specifies that they are an
"expert user" via the check-box.

To make the determination in those cases we look at the prefix for the
component id to see if it is "org.apache.geronimo.configs".  However, it
seems this is no longer sufficient as our prefixes have been changing to
include o.a.g.plugins and o.a.g.framework while this feature has not
been updated.  Perhaps we should change this function to only check for
"org.apache.geronimo".

Joe