geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: Could not build Geronimo server from SVN branch 2.2
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:47:49 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>> After looking into this some more and discussing it off-line with
>> Jarek I've learned the following:
>> - It isn't really returning a bogus pom or jar ... it is just
>> returning a redirect.  Maven wrongly assumes that this is the actual
>> file that was requested and persists it as such.
>> - Using Maven 2.2.1 (I was using 2.0.10) doesn't handle the redirects
>> any better and so doesn't fix the problem.
>> - For tags/2.1.4 maven 2.2.1 also causes other problems so it's best
>> to stick with maven 2.1.10 of you are building Geronimo 2.1.*
>> - org/apache/yoko/yoko/1.0/yoko-1.0.pom includes a repository list
>> that points to
>> of so this is why we are pulling in that repo
>> - If I add the following to my settings.xml for maven I can avoid the
>> redirect (and hence avoid the bogus poms/jars) and get beyond this
>> problem to build Geronimo 2.1.4 using maven 2.0.10.
>>    <mirrors>
>>        <mirror>
>>            <id></id>
>>            <name>Mirror of
>>            <url></url>
>>            <mirrorOf></mirrorOf>
>>        </mirror>
>>    </mirrors>
> Thanks Joe! I tried a mirror setting, but must not have gotten the
> mirror setting correct...
> --kevan

I think they key is that the <mirrorOf> value in your mirror must match
the <id> that is used in the original reference to the repository.  In
the case of 2.1.4 it was pulling in yoko which had a parent pom with the
following repository entry:

             <name> Maven Repository</name>

So when I created my mirror in settings.xml I included "" in my
<mirrorOf> value.  I also included the same value in the <id> of my
mirror but I don't think that is necessary.

View raw message