geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Mapping classloaders back to bundles
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 18:36:28 GMT
I've run into another place where a method that previously use a
classloader argument now takes a bundle, and I'm not sure what the
appropriate method for mapping this back to a bundle would be.  This is
in the EJBHelper class, where it's doing this:

 attributeStore.setValue(absName.getArtifact(), absName, gAttributeInfo, propertyValue, Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader());

the class loader involved is the thread context class loader, which we
might be able to map to a bundle, but this might be a case where it
might be appropriate to just take a classloader in this context.  The
classloader passed to the setValue() method is just used to resolve a
property class from a class name, and this need not necessarily be
sourced from a bundle instance.  If we still feel we need to use a
bundle, then I think we need to have a utility of some sort that can
attempt to figure out from a class loader instance what the bundle
mapping is.

Rick