geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Should we create a jee spec bundle for Geronimo?
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:55:59 GMT
Working through the issues of getting openejb to build, I ran into a
classloading constraint violation between the openejb javaee-api bundle
that was getting pulled in as a dependency of openejb-ejbd.  What the
openejb project had done was create a bundle that pulled in all of the
different geronimo jee spec implementations into a single uber jar.
This was fairly simple to add an exclusion to fix the problem at hand.

But this got me to thinking...would it be a good idea for geronimo to
create a similar jar and use that for the spec classes rather than
pulling in all of the spec jars individually?  This might help avoid
some of the conflicts we've been seeing on the spec implementation
classes and simplify a few things.

Rick