geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <petersson.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Blog
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 04:56:19 GMT
On 11/03/2009 09:17 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Peter Petersson wrote:
>
>> If you like to brand your Geronimo community blog you can try to
>> apply the theme plugin that contains a "glike" "Geronimo Like" theme
>> I come up with ;) wile working with David on the Geronimo Roller
>> plugin https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/roller/trunk
>>
>> Well it was ages ago (I think it was a pilot geronimo plugin project)
>> so It may need some tweaking to work.
>
> Ah, right. Thanks for the reminder Peter! I did startup the roller
> plugin, just last week. Was an easy way to get a roller instance up
> and running.
>
> I don't have full admin rights to our weblog. As there is already some
> custom theming, not sure how much customization we can do. Will keep
> it in mind, though. Any suggestions are welcome...

Good to here its still kicking ... well if (or when) the project gets
admin rights you have all the source files (custom css, xml, images and
vm files) neatly put together in a geronimo roller theme plugin. It
should give you a jump start in putting together something that have the
same look as the Geronimo front page.
If the blog was running on a Geronimo instance it could have been as
simple as installing the theme plugin to get it up and running ;) but
the roller manual contains details on how to apply custom themes manually.

If you want to take a look here is the theme preview png
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/roller/trunk/roller-themes/src/main/resources/themes/glike/glike-preview.png

regards
    peter petersson