geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject minimal tomcat server is assembled, but failed on starting module tomcat6
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 03:51:49 GMT
Hi,

I managed to locally make an assembly of tomcat-minimal successfully(of
cause, disabled some modules, such as hot-deploy, remote-deploy).

But when I tried to start the server, I encounter a strange problem that I
can not figure out why. The problem is:

When boot comes to plugin
"org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car", an
java.util.MissingResourceException threw out. Full stack trace is:

[*********************************       ]  83%  10s Starting
org.apache.ger...2009-11-20 11:13:40,920 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error
while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=TomcatServer"
org.apache.xbean.recipe.ConstructionException: Error invoking constructor:
public org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector(java.lang.String) throws
java.lang.Exception
    at
org.apache.xbean.recipe.ReflectionUtil$ConstructorFactory.create(ReflectionUtil.java:962)
    at
org.apache.xbean.recipe.ObjectRecipe.internalCreate(ObjectRecipe.java:276)
    at org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:96)
    at org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:61)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.model.ConnectorType.getConnector(ConnectorType.java:595)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.model.ServiceType.getService(ServiceType.java:278)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.model.ServerType.build(ServerType.java:294)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatServerGBean.<init>(TomcatServerGBean.java:132)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.xbean.recipe.ReflectionUtil$ConstructorFactory.create(ReflectionUtil.java:952)
    at
org.apache.xbean.recipe.ObjectRecipe.internalCreate(ObjectRecipe.java:276)
    at org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:96)
    at org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:61)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:917)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:269)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:103)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:125)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:544)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:385)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:459)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:223)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:713)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.doStartup(EmbeddedDaemon.java:149)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.execute(EmbeddedDaemon.java:81)
    at org.apache.geronimo.main.Bootstrapper.execute(Bootstrapper.java:88)
    at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
    at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:32)
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base
name org.apache.catalina.connector.LocalStrings, locale en_US
    at
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1521)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1260)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:787)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.res.StringManager.<init>(StringManager.java:77)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.res.StringManager.<init>(StringManager.java:72)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.res.StringManager.getManager(StringManager.java:161)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.MapperListener.<init>(MapperListener.java:79)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.<init>(Connector.java:266)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.xbean.recipe.ReflectionUtil$ConstructorFactory.create(ReflectionUtil.java:952)
    ... 29 more

So I double check the catalina bundle(whose bundle id is 122 in my assembly)
and confirmed there are resource files for LocalStrings in the jar. Its
package is exported and imported properly in the bundle's MENIFEST file.
Just no LocalStrings_en_US.properties there. But I think, even the local
resource is not found, the default resource LocalStrings.properties should
be picked up.

>From the error msg, it does not happen as supposed to. However, I manually
add a resource file to the jar, stop osgi runtime, clear bundle cache, and
start the server again. The same problem is still there. Why? does the
caller bundle not see the resource from another bundle? I am confused.

Here I also attached an active bundle list before the error happens for
reference.

Hope someone can give me a light about it. My ideal goal is to have a
minimal tomcat assembly started without problems, so that I can try to
deploy a simple sample application to the runtime and see if it works.

Thanks for any comments.

Forrest