geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Artifact-alias issues with 2.2 for plugins
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:40:51 GMT
Normally you should add two artifact aliases for each artifact you are
replacing, one with and one without the version on the left side.
We've been moving towards including versions in dependencies, so if
you are going to try to cheat and use only one, use the one with a
version.  So you should try

org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/
openjpa2/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa/2.2-SNAPSHOT/
car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa2/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/persistence-jpa10-deployer//
car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/persistence-jpa20-deployer/2.2-
SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/persistence-jpa10-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/
car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/persistence-jpa20-deployer/2.2-
SNAPSHOT/car

That should get it running properly in the main server.

To get it to modify the offline deployer, you have to deploy it into
that server as well as into the main server.  I don't remember how to
do that at the moment.

hope this helps
david jencks