geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@skywalk.co.za>
Subject Re: A wierd problem when deploying applications to Geronimo on Lotus Foundation
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:48:26 GMT
Regarding this same component, has anyone noticed the following problem.

I start my Geronimo server with the following:
"$KMS_SERVER"/geronimo/bin/gsh -c "geronimo/start-server --logfile
'$KMS_SERVER/geronimo/var/log/startup.log'" &
USER=`<"$KMS_CONF/geronimo-auth-user"`
PASS=`<"$KMS_CONF/geronimo-auth-pass"`
"$KMS_SERVER"/geronimo/bin/gsh -c "geronimo/wait-for-server -u $USER -w $PASS"

When it finished starting a message is printed to the tune of
"Geronimo started in h:mm:ss.sss". Sometimes this works perfectly,
though on the odd occassion the messages is printed only after a new
shell prompt has been printed, and this again sometimes goes paired
with echoing being broken. So when you type, the shell receives the
input but it's not being echoed. I have to issue a "reset" command to
return back to normal.

I have not noticed anything triggering this problem. It will happen
intermittently for no reason. And since it's always paired with the
message being printed after the prompt, I figure it's probably a race
condition? Note that the failure is paired backwards with the late
printing, though the late printing doesn't indicate the echo failure.
I do think they're related though.

This is a good start:
quintin@quintin-laptop sbin $ sudo /opt/kms/sbin/service restart appserver
Shutting down...
Waiting for Geronimo server: localhost:1099
Launching Geronimo Server...
Geronimo server is started
Geronimo Server started in 0:00:33.382
quintin@quintin-laptop sbin $

This is a failed start (with enter pressed 3 times afterwards and then
"ls" entered + another enter):
quintin@quintin-laptop sbin $ sudo /opt/kms/sbin/service restart appserver
Shutting down...
Waiting for Geronimo server: localhost:1099
Launching Geronimo Server...
Geronimo server is started
quintin@quintin-laptop sbin $ Geronimo Server started in 0:00:33.382
quintin@quintin-laptop sbin $ quintin@quintin-laptop sbin $
quintin@quintin-laptop sbin $
2.1.4.start-appserver  2.1.4.stop-appserver  common.sh  daemon  init.d
 install  jsvc  service  start-appserver  start-jar  stop-appserver
stop-jar
quintin@quintin-laptop sbin $

It's not the same as above, though I do think it's caused by the same
component, as the only way shell echoing can become broken would be
the terminal not being restored/initialized properly. Anyone noticed
this problem?

Quintin Beukes