geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Quintin Beukes <>
Subject Re: Odd OpenEJB Remote Connection Behaviour
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:13:49 GMT
Thanks for the quick turnaround :>

Where do I set ${PlanServerHostname} ? You mentioned I can set the 2
new properties as -D arguments when starting Geronimo, but this
variable isn't a property. At least it doesn't look like one.


On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 1:39 AM, David Blevins <> wrote:
> I added some configuration options to the Geronimo plan and related gbean:
> You can actually set the two properties I added in that commit as -D vm
> properties.
> I think the use of is the issue. It should be fine to do that on the
> server side, but we may just need to work around it for now and fix it
> later.  Try setting your ${PlanServerHostname} to a "real" address that is
> addressable by the client.  You may need to update the "ejbd.discovery"
> property as well to use the same address, but I think it might just pick it
> up.
> -David
> Begin forwarded message:
>> Resent-From: <>
>> From: Quintin Beukes <>
>> Date: November 16, 2009 1:14:42 AM PST
>> To: OpenEJB Users List <>
>> Subject: Odd OpenEJB Remote Connection Behaviour
>> Reply-To:
>> Hey,
>> I have noticed something odd, not sure what is causing this.
>> When I have a client on machine A connecting to a remote OpenEJB
>> server on machine B everything works well. If I take the exact same
>> setup but I have another server running on machine A as well (so there
>> is a client+server  on machineA and a server on machineB), OpenEJB
>> successfully authenticated against machine B but then immediately
>> switches over all it's following connections to it's own machine (ie.
>> localhost).
>> I've noticed if there is no server on machineA with the client, then I
>> receive the following error on stdout:
>> WARNING [OpenEJB.client]: Failover: Cannot connect to server(s):
>> ejbd:// Exception: Cannot connect to server
>> 'ejbd://'.  Check that the server is started and that the
>> specified serverURL is correct..  Trying next.
>> When the server is running, then this doesn't happen. I first noticed
>> this as follows:
>> 1. I created a user on serverB
>> 2. Authenticated the client against it which worked, so it obviously
>> connected to the server
>> 3. Started capturing data. The client was showing the data is there,
>> but the server's database doesn't reflect it.
>> 4. When I did a netstat I noticed a localhost :4201 connection.
>> 5. I removed ALL users from the local machine, but it kept authenticating.
>> 6. So I restarted the client and did a netstat, there was both a
>> localhost and :4201 connection. The latter being in
>> 7. Whenever I stop the server on the local machine all works well as
>> intended.
>> Quintin Beukes

View raw message