To me, this issue of getting runtime modifications of running plugins to persist or work at all is a very low priority item.  I think there is a very very good chance that once much of the server is running we will step back look at what we have and decide to completely change how this works, or if we allow it.  I think there are much more pressing issues such as the fact that the osgi manifest info is put into plugins by the car-maven-plugin rather than a deployer, so that the only way to build a plugin or deploy an application is through a maven build and assembling a custom server.  So, I would comment out or disable any functionality that requires EditableConfigurationManager and file a jira so we don't forget about it.

However, as long as this doesn't constrain the basic architecture in any way, I have no problem with anyone working on it.

thanks
david jencks