geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ellen Tang <ltang.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki link to current version page
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 03:02:38 GMT
Hi, I found that the "I'm feeling lucky" function only takes you to the
first website listed in Google responding to your query. This is why you are
directed to 1.1 docs instead of 2.1. But I do see the problem that 2.2 docs
are not listed in Google.

I've seen the Confluence help pages with the links of the latest version as
you suggested. It works very well on the Confluence websites. I think it's a
very good function but yet takes a lot effort to implement because we have
so many pages and versions of G docs right now. Plus, once we have a new
release, all the links need to be updated. As discussed with Jeff, we can
first try to make our latest docs display in Google.

Please let us know if you have any suggestions for that. Thank you!

Best regards,
Ellen