geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: osgi progress
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:41:59 GMT
I think this particular problem is caused by running on windows.  In
MockBundleContext just before this line I manipulate the location to
remove cruft from the beginning.  I think we need to add some more
tests to remove windows specific cruft.  Since I don't have a windows
machine I'm not sure how to find out exactly what needs to be
changed.... debugging and finding out what is in the locations map
should provide a big hint.

thanks
david jencks

On Oct 12, 2009, at 5:36 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> [...]
> 106)
>       at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .deployment
> .DeploymentContext.createTempConfiguration(DeploymentContext.java:208)
>       ... 28 more
>

> Since this is failing just calling bundleContext.installBundle() in
> the MockBundleContext code, I suspect I'm not running under karaf.
> Have I missed some setup step somewhere?
>
> Rick
>

>> thanks
>> david jencks

>>> This one word is starting to remind me of the famous Sydney Harris
>>> cartoon:
>>>
>>> http://www.sciencecartoonsplus.com/pages/gallery.php
>>>
>>> I've had a few issues getting this to build, so I thought I'd
>>> capture the notes here for the benefit of others.  Some of these
>>> we can fix in the build, others are things that need to be
>>> accounted for before building.  A major problem is getting all of
>>> the dependencies into your maven repository so the build can work.
>>>
>>> 1)  servicemix bundles.  In addition to the patch that David
>>> provided, you need to checkout and build the servicemix bundles
>>> from:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/bundles/trunk
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, the root pom for servicemix does not build all of
>>> the subprojects.  Many of the ones that are skipped are required
>>> by Geronimo and need to be built individually.  This list includes:
>>>
>>> jaxb-impl-2.1.6
>>> xmlbeans-2.4.0  (NOTE:  this builds 2.4.0_3-SNAPSHOT, but the
>>> dependency is currently 2.4.0_2-SNAPSHOT.  The Geronimo pom needs
>>> to be adjusted).
>>> woodstox-3.2.8
>>> jline-0.9.94
>>>
>>> The framework builds additional bundlized versions of
>>> dependencies, but at the moment, they are not included in the
>>> build.  The subprojects are located in framework/bundles, but
>>> there's no root pom that builds all of these, so each subproject
>>> needs to be built individually.  There are some dependencies
>>> between these subprojects.  For example, plexus-archiver depends
>>> on plexus-utils, so plexus-utils needs to be built first.
>>> Unfortunately, plexus-utils is building version 1.5.15_1-SNAPSHOT,
>>> and plexus-archiver has a dependency on 1.4.5_-SNAPSHOT.  plexus-
>>> utils exports a 1.4.5 level of the packages, so I'm guessing this
>>> was intended to be 1.4.5_1-SNAPSHOT, so the POM needs adjusting.
>>>
>>> Once I've done the steps above, I get some test failures in
>>> geronimo-kernel.  If I try to build with tests turned off, then I
>>> get the following failure:
>>>
>>> 1) org.apache.geronimo.framework:geronimo-kernel:jar:tests:3.0-
>>> SNAPSHOT
>>>
>>> Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>>>
>>> Then, install it using the command:
>>>    mvn install:install-file -
>>> DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.framework -Dartifac
>>> tId=geronimo-kernel -Dversion=3.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=tests -
>>> Dpackaging=jar -D
>>> file=/path/to/file
>>>
>>> most likely the result of the test failures.   The test failures
>>> don't make much sense to me, but this might be a Windows-specific
>>> problem with normalizing URLs.  If I comment out the assertions
>>> that are failing, I'm able to get geronimo-kernel to build, but
>>> get test failures in other projects.  Now, however, disabling the
>>> tests appears to work.
>>>
>>> This gets me to errors with the dependency history checks because
>>> in the change to the xmlbeans dependency.  This requires deleting
>>> all of the history files to continue on.
>>>
>>> Ok, once I get past all of that, I get a whole series of errors
>>> that I don't know how to get around.  I'm pretty much stuck here,
>>> but I'll go back and look at the geronimo-kernel test failures and
>>> see if I can figure out what's going on there.  Here are the
>>> errors I see:
>>>
>>> [INFO] [car:update-pluginlist]
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] Building Geronimo Framework, Configs :: Plugin Management
>>> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] [genesis:validate-configuration {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [dependency:unpack {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [resources:resources]
>>> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
>>> [INFO] Copying 1 resource
>>> [INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory C:\jencks\g\framework
>>> \configs\plugin\
>>> src\main\filtered-resources
>>> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
>>> [INFO] [car:validate-configuration]
>>> [INFO] [car:prepare-plan]
>>> [INFO] Generated: C:\jencks\g\framework\configs\plugin\target\work
>>> \plan.xml
>>> [INFO] [car:verify-no-dependency-change]
>>> [INFO] [car:prepare-metadata]
> [...]
>>>      at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
>>> 336)
>>>      at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
>>>      at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:301)
>>>      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>      at
>>> sun
>>> .reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
>>> java:39)
>>>      at
>>> sun
>>> .reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
>>> sorImpl.java:25)
>>>      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>      at
>>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>>>      at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>>>      at
>>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
>>> 430)
>>>
>>>      at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
>>> ERROR: Error starting reference:file://c:\.m2\repository\org\apache
>>> \geronimo\fra
>>> mework\geronimo-gbean-deployer-bootstrap\3.0-SNAPSHOT\geronimo-
>>> gbean-deployer-bo
>>> otstrap-3.0-SNAPSHOT.car (org.osgi.framework.BundleException:
>>> Activator start er
>>> ror in bundle org.apache.geronimo.framework.geronimo-gbean-
>>> deployer-bootstrap [1
>>> ].)
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException: Specified service reference cannot
>>> be null.
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContext
>>> Impl.java:320)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.kernel.osgi.ConfigurationActivator.start(Configur
>>> ationActivator.java:46)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAct
>>> ion.java:639)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:
>>> 1700)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:
>>> 1622)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:
>>> 1077)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:
>>> 264
>>> )
>>>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>> ERROR: Error starting reference:file://c:\.m2\repository\org\apache
>>> \geronimo\fra
>>> mework\rmi-naming\3.0-SNAPSHOT\rmi-naming-3.0-SNAPSHOT.car
>>> (org.osgi.framework.B
>>> undleException: Activator start error in bundle
>>> i-naming [38].)
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException: Specified service reference cannot
>>> be null.
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContext
>>> Impl.java:320)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.kernel.osgi.ConfigurationActivator.start(Configur
>>> ationActivator.java:46)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAct
>>> ion.java:639)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:
>>> 1700)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:
>>> 1622)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:
>>> 1077)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:
>>> 264
>>> )
>>>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>> 07:52:08,671 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting;
>>> GBean is now in th
>>> e FAILED state: abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-
>>> system/3.0-SNAP
>>> SHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/
>>> 3.0-SNAPSHOT/ca
>>> r,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo"
> [...]
>>> :276)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:
>>> 96)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:
>>> 61)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanI
>>> nstance.java:915)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart
>>> (GBeanInstanceState.java:269)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInsta
>>> nceState.java:103)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(G
>>> BeanInstanceState.java:125)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanI
>>> nstance.java:542)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(Basi
>>> cKernel.java:385)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
>>> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:459)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
>>> iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:216)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.system.osgi.BootActivator.start(BootActivator.jav
>>> a:83)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAct
>>> ion.java:639)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:
>>> 1700)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:
>>> 1622)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:
>>> 1077)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:
>>> 264
>>> )
>>>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>> ERROR: Error starting reference:file://c:\.m2\repository\org\apache
>>> \geronimo\fra
>>> mework\j2ee-system\3.0-SNAPSHOT\j2ee-system-3.0-SNAPSHOT.car
>>> (org.osgi.framework
>>> .BundleException: Activator start error in bundle
>>> j2ee-system [39].)
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown
>>> start exceptio
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
>>> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:521)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
>>> iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:216)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.system.osgi.BootActivator.start(BootActivator.jav
>>> a:83)
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAct
>>> ion.java:639)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:
>>> 1700)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:
>>> 1622)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:
>>> 1077)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:
>>> 264
>>> )
>>>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>> Caused by:
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
>>> Configuratio
>>> n org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car
>>> failed to start due
>>> to the following reasons:
>>> The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-
>>> system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo did not start because NO
>>> karaf.home specif
>>> ied
>>> The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-
>>> system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=Repository,name=Repository did not start because
>>> org.apache.gero
>>> nimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.fr
>>> amework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/
>>> car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo did not star
>>> t.
>>> The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-
>>> system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=ConfigurationStore,name=Local did not start
>>> because org.apache.g
>>> eronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo
>>> .framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/
>>> car,j2eeType=Repository,name=Repository did
>>> not start.
>>> The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-
>>> system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=AttributeManager did not start
>>> because org.a
>>> pache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.g
>>> eronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/
>>> car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo di
>>> d not start.
>>> The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-
>>> system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=ArtifactResolver,name=ArtifactResolver did not
>>> start because org
>>> .apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache
>>> .geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/
>>> car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo
>>> did not start.
>>> The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-
>>> system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=ConfigurationManager,name=ConfigurationManager did
>>> not start bec
>>> ause the following dependent services did not start:
>>> [org.apache.geronimo.framew
>>> ork/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2e
>>> e-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/
>>> car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=AttributeManager, org.apa
>>> che.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.ger
>>> onimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/
>>> car,j2eeType=ArtifactResolver,name=Arti
>>> factResolver]
>>> The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-
>>> system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=SystemLog,name=Logger did not start because
>>> org.apache.geronimo.
>>> framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framewo
>>> rk/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo did
>>> not start.
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org
>>> .apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
>>> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:487)
>>>      ... 8 more
>>> [INFO] Started deployer: org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-
>>> gbean-deployer-b
>>> ootstrap/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car
>>> 07:52:09,187 INFO  [DeploymentContext] The Strict Manifest
>>> Classpath processing
>>> mode is in effect.
>>> This option can be altered by specifying -
>>> DXorg.apache.geronimo.deployment.Lenie
>>> ntMFCP=true|false
>>> Specify ="true" for more lenient processing such as ignoring
>>> missing jars and re
>>> ferences that are not spec compliant.
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] found geronimo-plugin.xml
>>> for bundle org.
>>> apache.geronimo.framework.plugin-DEPLOYMENT [55]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/jar:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jaxb-impl/
>>> 2.1.6_1/jar:AL
>>> L]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.servicemix.specs/org.apache.servicemix.specs.activation-
>>> api-1.1/1.4-SNAPS
>>> HOT/jar:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.woodstox/
>>> 3.2.8_1-SNAPSHO
>>> T/jar:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.geronimo.bundles/slf4j/1.5.5_1-SNAPSHOT/jar:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-plugin/3.0-SNAPSHOT/jar:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-javaee-deployment_1.1MR3_spec/1.1-
>>> SNAPSHOT/jar:AL
>>> L]
>>> 07:52:09,250 WARN  [DependencyManager] Could not start bundle:
>>> org.apache.geroni
>>> mo.framework.rmi-naming [38]