geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Use OSGI's way to install/uninstall Geronimo Plugins/Applications
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:54:02 GMT

On Oct 21, 2009, at 7:18 AM, Ivan wrote:

> Hi,
>     In the OSGI environment, we could use BundleContext.install and
> Bundle.uninstall to do the saving/deleting actions to the
> repository. I think that we could take advantage of it, those codes
> in the Maven2Repository and ConfigurationStore could be replaced.
> Also, I guess the mvn url could be used here.
>    Any comment ?

I don't think this will work.  The way I've set it up so far, you put
stull in the repository through file based actions such as assembling
a server using the car-maven-plugin or just copying files in.  Then
you can use bundleContext.install(<mvn-url>) to tell osgi about the
bundle.  Since this is set up to use references, this causes osgi to
make an entry in the data directory with some info saying that osgi
knows about the bundle.  There's also the DependencyManager that looks
for the install event and installs all the geronimo dependencies into
osgi.

thanks
david jencks