geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Maintain a Artifact-Bundle or Location-Bundle Map in Geronimo
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 07:23:58 GMT

On Oct 25, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Ivan wrote:

> Hi:
>     While working with the code refactoring of some plug-ins, it
> seems that I did not have a way to get a Bundle object via Artifact.
>     Is it possible for us to maintain a artifact-bundle or location-
> bundle map for those bundles loaded by Geronimo (More accurately, I
> mean the DependencyManager),  so that we could more easily to know
> whether the bundle is installed, and we could get the bundle object.
>     Any comment ?

The KernelConfigurationManager has a map of Artifact to Configuration
from which you can get the BundleContext and thence the Bundle.  This
only tells you about the plugins that are loaded, not all the jars
that are installed.  In the DependencyManager so far I've relied on
the mvn artifact urls to convert the artifact to a location string and
compared that to the locations of the installed bundles.

What are you working on that you need this?

thanks
david jencks