geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Release geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2 and geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5 for OpenJPA (2nd try)]
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 19:36:26 GMT

On Oct 5, 2009, at 12:11 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> The release plugin failed to create the tag for me, even when I
> followed the instructions at [1] and tried different maven levels.
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html

what svn version do you have locally?  There were some svn 1.5 clients
that could not seem to execute some really simple commands.  IIRC
there was an svn up you could run after the failure to work around
these.  I haven't had this problem with  the svn 1.6.5 client I'm
using now.

thanks
david jencks

> So, I created a branch instead and used "mvn deploy" to publish the
> artifacts to the Nexus repo, which automatically created a staging
> site for me.  Not sure if it was the strange "1.0-PFD2" and "1.0-
> CR5" version naming that caused the release plugin to barf, as even
> with running maven with "-e -X" there was no details to why the tag
> commit was failing.
>

> -Donald
>

> Donald Woods wrote:
>> Forwarding to Geronimo thread....