geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: osgi progress
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 05:10:38 GMT
I don't know if that's the same problem that Rick is seeing but I'm
getting the following error while building
geronimo-gbean-deployer-bootstrap car:

[INFO] [car:package]
Packaging module configuration:
/home/gawor/development/geronimo/osgi/framework/configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer-bootstrap/target/work/plan.xml
01:08:11,663 INFO  [DeploymentContext] The Strict Manifest Classpath
processing mode is in effect.
This option can be altered by specifying
-DXorg.apache.geronimo.deployment.LenientMFCP=true|false
Specify ="true" for more lenient processing such as ignoring missing
jars and references that are not spec compliant.
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/gawor/development/geronimo/osgi/framework/configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer-bootstrap/target/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
(No such file or directory)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.getFileInputStream(SecureAction.java:414)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.DirectoryRevision.getManifestHeader(DirectoryRevision.java:78)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.createModule(BundleImpl.java:1110)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.<init>(BundleImpl.java:79)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.installBundle(Felix.java:2372)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.installBundle(Felix.java:2277)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:130)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:108)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.createTempConfiguration(DeploymentContext.java:208)

Jarek

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> you need to checkout and build the servicemix bundles from:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/bundles/trunk
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, the root pom for servicemix does not build all of the
>>> subprojects.  Many of the ones that are skipped are required by Geronimo and
>>> need to be built individually.  This list includes:
>>>
>>> jaxb-impl-2.1.6
>>> xmlbeans-2.4.0  (NOTE:  this builds 2.4.0_3-SNAPSHOT, but the dependency
>>> is currently 2.4.0_2-SNAPSHOT.  The Geronimo pom needs to be adjusted).
>>> woodstox-3.2.8
>>> jline-0.9.94
>>>
>>> The framework builds additional bundlized versions of dependencies, but
>>> at the moment, they are not included in the build.  The subprojects are
>>> located in framework/bundles, but there's no root pom that builds all of
>>> these, so each subproject needs to be built individually.  There are some
>>> dependencies between these subprojects.  For example, plexus-archiver
>>> depends on plexus-utils, so plexus-utils needs to be built first.
>>>  Unfortunately, plexus-utils is building version 1.5.15_1-SNAPSHOT, and
>>> plexus-archiver has a dependency on 1.4.5_-SNAPSHOT.  plexus-utils exports a
>>> 1.4.5 level of the packages, so I'm guessing this was intended to be
>>> 1.4.5_1-SNAPSHOT, so the POM needs adjusting.
>>>
>>> Once I've done the steps above, I get some test failures in
>>> geronimo-kernel.  If I try to build with tests turned off, then I get the
>>> following failure:
>>>
>>> 1) org.apache.geronimo.framework:geronimo-kernel:jar:tests:3.0-SNAPSHOT
>>>
>>> Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>>>
>>> Then, install it using the command:
>>>    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.framework
>>> -Dartifac
>>> tId=geronimo-kernel -Dversion=3.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=tests
>>> -Dpackaging=jar -D
>>> file=/path/to/file
>>>
>>> most likely the result of the test failures.   The test failures don't
>>> make much sense to me, but this might be a Windows-specific problem with
>>> normalizing URLs.  If I comment out the assertions that are failing, I'm
>>> able to get geronimo-kernel to build, but get test failures in other
>>> projects.  Now, however, disabling the tests appears to work.
>>>
>>> This gets me to errors with the dependency history checks because in the
>>> change to the xmlbeans dependency.  This requires deleting all of the
>>> history files to continue on.
>>>
>>> Ok, once I get past all of that, I get a whole series of errors that I
>>> don't know how to get around.  I'm pretty much stuck here, but I'll go back
>>> and look at the geronimo-kernel test failures and see if I can figure out
>>> what's going on there.  Here are the errors I see:
>>>
>>> [INFO] [car:update-pluginlist]
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] Building Geronimo Framework, Configs :: Plugin Management
>>> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] [genesis:validate-configuration {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [dependency:unpack {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [resources:resources]
>>> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
>>> [INFO] Copying 1 resource
>>> [INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory
>>> C:\jencks\g\framework\configs\plugin\
>>> src\main\filtered-resources
>>> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
>>> [INFO] [car:validate-configuration]
>>> [INFO] [car:prepare-plan]
>>> [INFO] Generated:
>>> C:\jencks\g\framework\configs\plugin\target\work\plan.xml
>>> [INFO] [car:verify-no-dependency-change]
>>> [INFO] [car:prepare-metadata]
>>> [INFO] [car:package]
>>> [INFO] Packaging module configuration:
>>> C:\jencks\g\framework\configs\plugin\targ
>>> et\work\plan.xml
>>> ERROR: Error creating archive. (java.io.IOException: Referenced file does
>>> not ex
>>> ist:
>>> C:\jencks\g\framework\configs\plugin\target\repository\org\apache\geronimo\
>>> framework\plugin\3.0-SNAPSHOT\plugin-3.0-SNAPSHOT.car)
> [...]
>>> ltLifecycleExecutor.java:479)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
>>> dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:331)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
>>> ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:292)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
>>> fecycleExecutor.java:142)
>>>      at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
>>>      at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
>>>      at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:301)
>>>      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>      at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
>>> java:39)
>>>      at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
>>> sorImpl.java:25)
>>>      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>      at
>>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>>>      at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>>>      at
>>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
>>>
>>>      at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
>>> ERROR: Error starting
>>> reference:file://c:\.m2\repository\org\apache\geronimo\fra
>>>
>>> mework\geronimo-gbean-deployer-bootstrap\3.0-SNAPSHOT\geronimo-gbean-deployer-bo
>>> otstrap-3.0-SNAPSHOT.car (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator
>>> start er
>>> ror in bundle
>>> org.apache.geronimo.framework.geronimo-gbean-deployer-bootstrap [1
>>> ].)
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException: Specified service reference cannot be
>>> null.
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContext
>>> Impl.java:320)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.osgi.ConfigurationActivator.start(Configur
>>> ationActivator.java:46)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAct
>>> ion.java:639)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1700)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1622)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1077)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264
>>> )
>>>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>> ERROR: Error starting
>>> reference:file://c:\.m2\repository\org\apache\geronimo\fra
>>> mework\rmi-naming\3.0-SNAPSHOT\rmi-naming-3.0-SNAPSHOT.car
>>> (org.osgi.framework.B
>>> undleException: Activator start error in bundle
>>> org.apache.geronimo.framework.rm
>>> i-naming [38].)
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException: Specified service reference cannot be
>>> null.
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContext
>>> Impl.java:320)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.osgi.ConfigurationActivator.start(Configur
>>> ationActivator.java:46)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAct
>>> ion.java:639)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1700)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1622)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1077)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264
>>> )
>>>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>> 07:52:08,671 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
>>> now in th
>>> e FAILED state:
>>> abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAP
>>>
>>> SHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/ca
>>> r,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo"
> [...]
>>>      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>>> Method)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
>>> orAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>      at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
>>> onstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>>      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.xbean.recipe.ReflectionUtil$ConstructorFactory.create(Refl
>>> ectionUtil.java:952)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.xbean.recipe.ObjectRecipe.internalCreate(ObjectRecipe.java
>>> :276)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:96)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:61)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanI
>>> nstance.java:915)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart
>>> (GBeanInstanceState.java:269)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInsta
>>> nceState.java:103)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(G
>>> BeanInstanceState.java:125)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanI
>>> nstance.java:542)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(Basi
>>> cKernel.java:385)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
>>> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:459)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
>>> iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:216)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.osgi.BootActivator.start(BootActivator.jav
>>> a:83)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAct
>>> ion.java:639)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1700)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1622)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1077)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264
>>> )
>>>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>> ERROR: Error starting
>>> reference:file://c:\.m2\repository\org\apache\geronimo\fra
>>> mework\j2ee-system\3.0-SNAPSHOT\j2ee-system-3.0-SNAPSHOT.car
>>> (org.osgi.framework
>>> .BundleException: Activator start error in bundle
>>> org.apache.geronimo.framework.
>>> j2ee-system [39].)
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown start
>>> exceptio
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
>>> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:521)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
>>> iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:216)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.osgi.BootActivator.start(BootActivator.jav
>>> a:83)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAct
>>> ion.java:639)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1700)
>>>      at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1622)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1077)
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264
>>> )
>>>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
>>> Configuratio
>>> n org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car failed to
>>> start due
>>> to the following reasons:
>>> The service
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo did not start because NO karaf.home
>>> specif
>>> ied
>>> The service
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=Repository,name=Repository did not start because
>>> org.apache.gero
>>>
>>> nimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.fr
>>> amework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo did
>>> not star
>>> t.
>>> The service
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=ConfigurationStore,name=Local did not start because
>>> org.apache.g
>>>
>>> eronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo
>>>
>>> .framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=Repository,name=Repository
>>> did
>>> not start.
>>> The service
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=AttributeManager did not start
>>> because org.a
>>>
>>> pache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.g
>>>
>>> eronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo
>>> di
>>> d not start.
>>> The service
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=ArtifactResolver,name=ArtifactResolver did not start
>>> because org
>>>
>>> .apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache
>>>
>>> .geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo
>>> did not start.
>>> The service
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=ConfigurationManager,name=ConfigurationManager did not
>>> start bec
>>> ause the following dependent services did not start:
>>> [org.apache.geronimo.framew
>>>
>>> ork/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2e
>>> e-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=AttributeManager,
>>> org.apa
>>>
>>> che.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.ger
>>>
>>> onimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=ArtifactResolver,name=Arti
>>> factResolver]
>>> The service
>>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSH
>>> OT/car,j2eeType=SystemLog,name=Logger did not start because
>>> org.apache.geronimo.
>>>
>>> framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framewo
>>> rk/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo did not
>>> start.
>>>
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
>>> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:487)
>>>      ... 8 more
>>> [INFO] Started deployer:
>>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer-b
>>> ootstrap/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car
>>> 07:52:09,187 INFO  [DeploymentContext] The Strict Manifest Classpath
>>> processing
>>> mode is in effect.
>>> This option can be altered by specifying
>>> -DXorg.apache.geronimo.deployment.Lenie
>>> ntMFCP=true|false
>>> Specify ="true" for more lenient processing such as ignoring missing jars
>>> and re
>>> ferences that are not spec compliant.
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] found geronimo-plugin.xml for
>>> bundle org.
>>> apache.geronimo.framework.plugin-DEPLOYMENT [55]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/jar:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>>
>>> apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jaxb-impl/2.1.6_1/jar:AL
>>> L]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>>
>>> apache.servicemix.specs/org.apache.servicemix.specs.activation-api-1.1/1.4-SNAPS
>>> HOT/jar:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>>
>>> apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.woodstox/3.2.8_1-SNAPSHO
>>> T/jar:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.geronimo.bundles/slf4j/1.5.5_1-SNAPSHOT/jar:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>> apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-plugin/3.0-SNAPSHOT/jar:ALL]
>>> 07:52:09,234 INFO  [DependencyManager] installing artifact:
>>> DependencyType [org.
>>>
>>> apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-javaee-deployment_1.1MR3_spec/1.1-SNAPSHOT/jar:AL
>>> L]
>>> 07:52:09,250 WARN  [DependencyManager] Could not start bundle:
>>> org.apache.geroni
>>> mo.framework.rmi-naming [38]