geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi and Deployment Plans
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:46:34 GMT
Quintin Beukes wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Just curious, but would the Geronimo 2 deployment plans change
> tremendously on the OSGi'd Geronimo 3? If so, I assume Maven is
> superceded with OSGi dependency management?
>
> Quintin Beukes

No, the Geronimo deployment plans remain the same.  The information
inside the deployment plans is used to create a plugin, which in the new
world, is a bundle.  The information in the deployment plans is used to
determine what dependencies need to be loaded into the OSGi framework
and how the manifest information in the generated configuration bundle
needs to be generated.  Once a configuration is loaded, then the
internal classloading model is the OSGi one, but the deployment plan
metadata is used to determine how the environment is provisioned.

Rick