geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: osgi progress
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:36:58 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I only have a minute so can't address anything in detail right now.
>
> Most of the servicemix bundle dependencies can probably be on released
> versions.  I went for speed and used the ones from my checked out
> servicemix trunk in case I needed to patch them.
>
> I don't think we need the geronimo plexus bundles I set up -- although
> we do need to find some solution for accessing the code or not using
> it at all.
>
> What are the testsuite errors you get?  It would be useful to find out
> if they are windows specific.  Similarly it would be great to find out
> if anyone else can build on a non-windows system :-)
I took a little deeper look at the deployment test case errors I'm
getting.  The root cause of the failure is this exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: id must be in the form [groupId]/[artifactId]/[version]/[type]
: C:\jencks\g\framework\modules\geronimo-deployment\target\deployTest
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.Artifact.create(Artifact.java:61)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.Artifact.create(Artifact.java:51)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.osgi.MockBundleContext.installBundle(MockBundleContext.java:106)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.createTempConfiguration(DeploymentContext.java:208)
        ... 28 more

Since this is failing just calling bundleContext.installBundle() in the
MockBundleContext code, I suspect I'm not running under karaf.  Have I
missed some setup step somewhere?

Rick