geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Release geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2 and geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5 for OpenJPA (2nd try)]
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 19:11:10 GMT
The release plugin failed to create the tag for me, even when I followed
the instructions at [1] and tried different maven levels.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html

So, I created a branch instead and used "mvn deploy" to publish the
artifacts to the Nexus repo, which automatically created a staging site
for me.  Not sure if it was the strange "1.0-PFD2" and "1.0-CR5" version
naming that caused the release plugin to barf, as even with running
maven with "-e -X" there was no details to why the tag commit was failing.

-Donald