geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ConfigurationUtil.getEditableConfigurationManager no longer needed?
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:03:05 GMT
To me, this issue of getting runtime modifications of running plugins
to persist or work at all is a very low priority item.  I think there
is a very very good chance that once much of the server is running we
will step back look at what we have and decide to completely change
how this works, or if we allow it.  I think there are much more
pressing issues such as the fact that the osgi manifest info is put
into plugins by the car-maven-plugin rather than a deployer, so that
the only way to build a plugin or deploy an application is through a
maven build and assembling a custom server.  So, I would comment out
or disable any functionality that requires
EditableConfigurationManager and file a jira so we don't forget about
it.

However, as long as this doesn't constrain the basic architecture in
any way, I have no problem with anyone working on it.

thanks
david jencks