geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From valleyhugger <a_maldon...@comcast.net>
Subject geronimo_home environment variable
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 00:01:19 GMT

I'm using a windows machine XP PRO. (meets miniumum requirements).  I have
just installed
geronimo geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.4 running with jdk1.5.0_02.

I installed geronimo at C:\geronimo_home\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.4\bin
the environment variables are "GERONIMO_HOME" and the variable value is
"C:\geronimo_home\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.4;C:\geronimo_home\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.4\bin".

I started the server according to the "Quick start - Apache Geronimo for the
impatient" page. The server starts correctly but when I try to Create and
deploy a sample application according to this page using the shell command
deploy --user system --password manager deploy --inPlace testapp

(testapp is the directory where the test files live.) I get this error
message

C:\geronimo_home\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.4\bin>deploy --user system
--password manager deploy --inPlace testapp
the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
the GERONIMO_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
this environment variable is needed to run this program.

Is my installation incorrect or is my "geronimo_home" environment variable
incorrect.

Thanks
valleyhugger