geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Building only an assembly and what changed
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:06:43 GMT

On Oct 9, 2009, at 7:55 AM, Quintin Beukes wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Assume I change a .java file in the framework/modules/geronimo-kernel
> project, how can I easily only build what was changed and reassemble
> the zip for installing+running?

There a few modules that are not put into the geronimo repository
structure -- geronimo-kernel, geronimo-system, and a few others.  For
these you have to rebuild the framework/configs/geronimo-boilerplate
config before rebuilding the assembly you want.

Also, if you change anything related to a GBeanInfo -- for instance
attributes, operations, constructor parameters -- you have to rebuild
any configs that might use that gbean.

Otherwise, if you change code you can just rebuild the module and
rebuild the assembly.  Or, if you want to live dangerously, you can
just copy the new jar over the old one in the geronimo repo.

thanks
david jencks